[sr-dev] WebSocket (RFC 6455) and draft-ibc-sipcore-sip-websocket on Kamailio

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Fri Jun 15 11:33:10 CEST 2012

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the encouragement.

I could do with a guide here.  I think there is only a few hours work
left to finish off the handshake and basic module stuff.  After that I
think the next step needs to be:
- Getting the module to register with core to receive WS frames (which
may arrive over TCP or TLS)
- Giving the module/core the ability to "change" the connection the
handshake came in on from SIP/HTTP to WS (so that new messages go
straight to the handler in the new module)
- In the module adding handling for Close, Ping, and Pong
- To do the handling for Ping the module needs to be able to send WS
frames out (over TCP or TLS)
- In the module "printing" received binary and text frames (which will
contain SIP requests)

The bits I need help with here the most are the registering the module
to receive the WS frames and sending WS frames (over TCP or TLS), and
adding the ability for the module/core to "upgrade" the connection from
SIP/HTTP to WS after successful handshake.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Dunkley