[sr-dev] WebSocket (RFC 6455) and draft-ibc-sipcore-sip-websocket on Kamailio

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Jun 15 10:40:03 CEST 2012

2012/6/15 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
> I will be here to guide whenever needed to navigate through the transport
> layers.

Hi Daniel, thanks a lot. Some initial questions:

- What about the TLS layer? WebSocket session is established via an
HTTP GET request on top of TCP ot TCP-TLS. Web browsers usually don't
present a certificate during TLS handshake so probably we don't want
to obtain client certificate. But, is already possible to use the
Kamailio HTTP stack on top of TLS?

- About the relationship between the TCP/WS connection and SIP message
fields (to properly route incoming requests):

I'm pretty sure the proper solution here is Outbound. I've implemented
it in my proxy and works great (forget mangling the Contact URI or
creating "alias" in Kamailio that could be overridn by other users and
so...). Is there a chance to investigate adding Outbound to Kamailio?
I've lot of experience with the spec and can help here.

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>