[sr-dev] WebSocket (RFC 6455) and draft-ibc-sipcore-sip-websocket on Kamailio

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Jun 14 16:49:40 CEST 2012

2012/6/14 Peter Dunkley <peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com>
> Hello,
>
> Crocodile is looking at adding WebSocket as a SIP transport to Kamailio (including WebSockets over TLS).
>
> I wanted to check to see if anyone else was working on this, or if anyone else is interested in working on this with us?
>
> Also, I would be interested in any advice or notes anyone has on adding a new protocol/transport, as this touches on a lot of parts of Kamailio I am not familiar with.

Hi Peter, I've implemented SIP WebSocket transport in my own SIP proxy
and also planned to add it in Kamailio (by initially playing a bit in
my local sources copy), so yes, I'm fully interested. It is a big task
since, as you said, it involves touching lot of Kamailio core.

So if you want, feel free to contact me and let's start it.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>