[sr-dev] [SR-Users] Outbound and Registrar. No binding update

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Jul 30 18:47:36 CEST 2012

2012/7/30 Peter Dunkley <peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com>

> With these changes (and a client that supports it) should I now be able to
> use WebSockets without the aliasing from nathelper?

Hi, there should be no difference with the case of SIP over TCP or TLS. The
main benefict of using Outobund and GRUU in clients (with reliable
transport such as TCP/TLS/WS) is that when the UA is in an active dialog
and its connection is closed, it can re-register (using a GRUU Contact),
replace the previous binding in the registrar, and when an incoming request
from the dialog peer arrives to the registrar it chooses the last created
binding for that GRUU Contact, so the request arrives to the UA even
through its new connection.

BTW I *hate* Contact mangling and Contact aliasing, that's an ugly
mechanism. Outbound solves that perfectly.

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>