[sr-dev] WebSocket Server support in Kamailio master

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Sun Jul 8 12:24:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have been using this client for testing: http://www.sipml5.org/

There is a live demo online, but you can also download the HTML and
JavaScript (http://code.google.com/p/sipml5/), set it up on a local
web-server, and point it at Kamailio.  To do this override "i_port" and
"s_proxy" after line 300 in "call.htm" to point to the address and port
for WebSockets on Kamailio.

You also need a browser that supports RTCWeb to make calls.  Google Chrome
Canary (Windows and Mac) and Google Chrome Unstable (Linux) have both
worked for me (although the Chrome tab running the client does crash/hang
occasionally).  Once you have installed Chrome you need to enable the
RTCWeb feature by navigating to "chrome://flags/", enabling "Enable
PeerConnection", and re-launching Chrome.

Peter

> Peter Dunkley
>
>> Please give the new module a go and let me know about any issues you
>> find.
>
> peter,
>
> thanks for adding websocket module to kamailio.  any pointers for
> clients supporting websocket transport so that we can give it a go?
>
> -- juha

Peter Dunkley
Technical Director
Crocodile RCS Ltd