[sr-dev] usrloc concurrency

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jul 3 20:03:16 CEST 2012

Does anyone know of any issues running usrloc with DB backing
('location') in a multi-master DB-replicated environment?  I am
referring to plain usrloc, not p_usrloc.

I have such an environment set up with db_mode = 1 (immediate
write-through) and have run into a problem where Kamailio occasionally
stops writing to the location table for no apparent reason.  I am
wondering if this is because another Kamailio instance bound to the
secondary replica is performing a DB sync as well, and at some point
they collide in some sort of race condition.   Would db_mode 2 fix?
Would anything fix?  Is this even the problem?

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC