[sr-dev] address caching in permissions module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:20:36 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 7/3/12 11:55 AM, Torrey Searle wrote:
> According to the documentation an the code this caching flag only
> impacts the trusted table and not the address table.  (and the flag is
> not even referenced in address.c)

non-cache mode is not for address, as the list is compiled in ip address
or net address structures for fast matching. The trusted variant used
string comparison for ip matching which could be done easy in the sql
query via DB API.

Using cron.d job to send a MI command to reload the address table can be
an option. Other variants seen out there -- use rtimer with exec to send
the mi command from a kamailio process.