[sr-dev] debian packages

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:45:11 CET 2012

Hello,

On 2/20/12 7:03 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There are various packaging files for Debian:
>
> debian
> lenny
> lucid
> squeeze
> wheezy
>
> I wonder if such a distinction is really needed, and it seems that
> some of them are not maintained. Which is the best maintained one?
the distinction is needed because of libraries versions, plus that some
of the distros don't come with all the libs -- the result, some packages
are disabled/not included. The 'debian' should be generic and include
the latest and all packages.

I used all of those specific to distro versions to build packages
recently (for 3.2.2) and they worked fine.