[sr-dev] git:master: modules_k/presence Fixed DB Storage Modes

Anca Vamanu anca.vamanu at 1and1.ro
Mon Feb 20 12:03:57 CET 2012

Hi Klaus,

It's not quite the way you described it.  In the scenario describe by
me, p2 was just a hot stand by, sending nothing outside while in backup
mode. In an active - active setup, it is a lot harder to achieve.

First, as Daniel suggested, send() is the best option to use when
replicating - forwarding the message as it was received.
Then, p2 should work in a synchronous way - generating the same tag and
Via branch as p1. With the Via branch it is easy to achieve with the
*syn_branch* global parameter. With the tag, some coding needs to be done.

P2 should not send anything out, it should be blocked at network layer,
or from inside the application. However it will have the impression it
had send out the Notifies, so it has to receive the replies for it. This
is why p1 must also replicate replies for Notifies.

Regards,
Anca