[sr-dev] git:master: modules_k/presence Fixed DB Storage Modes

Anca Vamanu anca.vamanu at 1and1.ro
Mon Feb 20 10:40:12 CET 2012

Hi Klaus,

On 02/20/2012 10:47 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi Anca!
>
>   From the README:
>
> subs_db_mode (int):
> 3 - DB-Only scheme. No memory cache is kept, all operations being
> directly performed with the database. The timer deletes all expired
> subscriptions from database. The mode is useful if you configure
> more servers sharing the same DB without any replication at SIP
> level. The mode may be slower due the high number of DB operation.
>
> You mention replication at SIP level - I wonder how you can replicate
> subscriptions on SIP level?

 From kamailio you could call t_replicate() to send the Subscribe or
Publish to another destination. But this is not enough. First, you
should take care that that destination will not be allowed to send the
reply for Subscribe or the Notifies out. Then, you should replicate the
200Ok for Notifies received from the clients to that destination to be
sure the destination updates correctly the local Cseq. Currently in
kamailio there isn't a way to replicate replies. I had worked for a
solution with a distributed presence server with replication like this,
but some custom patches were needed to make this possible.

Regards,
Anca