[sr-dev] current master fails to start

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:22:40 CET 2012

Hello,

On 2/2/12 6:03 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i went through december commits to master and found that before this commit:
>
> http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=sip-router;a=commit;h=3775eb7730b2cd5491864109945b31f15df28f1a
>
> sip router works ok with the config below, but does not start after the
> commit.
>
> could you daniel check if there is something in the commit that could
> explain the problem?
there was a problem with the commit, spotted by Alex Hermann -- should
be committed soon, I will do it later when I get to office if Alex or
someone else does not do it meanwhile.

Hopefully will fix your case. It is strange that I tried with pv and all
goes fine on my computers. The problem was not allocating char pointer
structures, but just chars. The error message from libc was a bit
misleading, though...

The goal of the change is to have a pool of buffer where to store
transformation values instead of only one. Some transforamtions can be
chained, in this way avoiding overwriting conflicts. next step in mind
is to make the size of configurable, in case someone deals with large
values (like xcap bodies), then he/she can adjust by module parameters.