[sr-dev] Outbound: Flow Timer

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Mon Dec 31 14:03:47 CET 2012

Hi,

I have had no response to this, so I will modify the registrar module in
my outbound branch to contain a new parameter for flow timer.

When this parameter is set:
* The registrar module will reject REGISTER requests without the outbound
option-tag in a Supported: or Require: header with a 421 response
containing a Require: header with the outbound option-tag.
* When a REGISTER request does contain the outbound option-tag and the
registration is successful the 200 response will contain a Requires:
header with the outbound options-tag and a Flow-Timer: header with the
parameter value.

When this parameter is not set:
* The registrar module will reject REGISTER requests with a 420 response
containing a Require: header with the outbound option-tag.

Regards,

Peter

> Hi,
>
> One optional feature of outbound is to add a flow timer value to 2xx
>
> To my mind this is something we should do when the REGISTER contains the
> outbound option-tag in a Supported: or Requires: header.  I think the
> value should be set in conjunction with the value for
> tcp_connection_timeout on the edge proxy (in the case where TCP is used).
>
> Does anyone agree or disagree?
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter
>
> --