[sr-dev] Tagging versions

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 18:44:48 CET 2012

Hello,

I can take care of preparing the release on git branch and deploy it to
kamailio.org as so far.

However, maybe someone (more is even better) else volunteers to help
with releases and do the extra work. Here is a list of tasks to be done:
- create the tag per release (it will be the commit that sets the
version in Makefile.defs)
- take care of building rpm packages on opensuse build service
(everything can be done via web)
- take care of building backup debian packages on opensuse build service
(again, everything can be done via web)
- take care of notifying linux/unix distros that package kamailio about
the new version
- maybe some other things (e.g., news on some sites like voip-info.org,
release publishing on freecode.com, etc.)

None of them is something complex, but still require time -- I did most
of them in the past, with some delay from the moment of the release.

Any taker?