[sr-dev] kamailio-ser integration - db modules

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Dec 20 17:38:58 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
<miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What's the difference between the db1 and db2 interface?
>
> It is not the case here, modules_k/ldap does not have any relation to
> database interface.

Any database module db_[DatabaseType] implements an API.
SER was using one API and opensips/kamailio a different API (and
therefore today we have version 1 and 2).
All db modules in the stable release are supporting both APIs.
The new db ldap module has support only for the SER API version.
The API is documented in each lib/srdb[1|]/*.h header files.

The ldap module from ser is completely different than ldap module from
kamailio (despite the fact that both are using the same name).
It's the same with the dialog module.  Check the README file for each.

Hope this brings a little bit of light :)

-ovidiu