[sr-dev] kamailio-ser integration - status update

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Dec 20 17:20:20 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla
<miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/20/12 4:13 PM, Ovidiu Sas wrote:

>>> I think Ovidiu Sas looked at it when he split the rtpproxy out in a
>>> dedicated module.
>>
>> IIRC, ping_contact whas the extra functionality in nathelper:
>>
>> http://sip-router.org/docbook/sip-router/branch/master/modules_s/nathelper/nathelper.html#ping_contact
>> I don't know how widely used is this functionality.
>>
>> Maybe we should have a separate thread per module (in user mailing
>> list to gather more imput) and see if it's worth merging the code or
>> use only the k version.
>
> I re-cc-ed the thread to users in case someone has comments to it.
>

>> Also, on a separate note, I saw the we have a few db2_[module].
>> I think it would make sense for these modules to rename them into
>> [module]_db[1|2].
>> For example: ldap - we should have both versions under modules:
>>   - ldap_db1
>>   - ldap_db2
>> Just a suggestion ...
>
> The type of the two ldap modules are different, modules_k/ldap is a
> connector to ldap server from configuration file, offering possibility to do
> ldap search queries from config.
>
> The former modules_s/ldap (now db2_ldap) is a DB API v2 implementation
> driver module, so it can be used as a replacement for db_mysql (for example)
> when using some modules (such as db2_ops). I prefixed with db2_ to indicate
> that is not implementing DB API v1.

I see now.  I failed to check the README file.  Now it's all clear.
Maybe we should have the module as db_ldap with a TODO item in the
README (about implementing db API v1).
I think it will be more clear.  And then we cam move ldap module from
modules_k to modules.

-ovidiu