[sr-dev] usage of kamailio-oob.cfg

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 16:57:30 CET 2012

Hello,

I recently added etc/kamailio-oob.cfg (oob stands for out of the box),
with the purpose of building a more complex configuration file that
should show how to use various features (out of the box :-) ). The file
is installed automatically (ser had it already) and should be added to
packages as well.

The plan is to keep default config file (kamailio.cfg) simple enough and
SIP routing specific to be useful for getting started. At this moment
the two files are identical.

Config defines should still be used in oob to allow enabling/disabling
features easily. It has to be kept up to date by new additions to it
(e.g., try not to break existing features), but should be more open to
contributions.

 From my point of view, Ovidiu's last additions to kamailio.cfg should
be kept  only in the oob version. I hope that is ok.

Moreover, because it is related, everyone should know that another
config file could be placed in etc/ and it will be installed:
kamailio-basic.cfg . This should be more like a bare bone config to
start with. If anyone finds it useful, feel free to add one (you can
look at the sip-router-basic.cfg which came from ser flavour).