[sr-dev] Auth identity makefile patch

Jan Janak jan at janakj.org
Wed Dec 19 07:58:16 CET 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 19 dec 2012 kl. 02:09 skrev Ovidiu Sas <osas at voipembedded.com>:
>
>> Should be good as a first step.  There shouldn't be -Wall.
>> The next step would be to check for ssl (similar to tls).
>> If you want, I can push a fix later on, or you can experiment :)
> Please go ahead, Ovidiu. I feel more confident with you handling this stuff ;-)
>
> The problem I have with the websocket module seems to be that while the library is installed as part
> of the system in /usr/lib (not /usr/local/lib) pkg-config doesn't return an answer. Our scripts seems to
> depend on pkg-config always delivering a proper answer if it exists. I suggest we check if the string
> returned by pkg-config is empty and if it is, use LOCALBASE only. That works on my FreeBSD system.

A better way is to check the return value of pkg-config. It returns 0
if the package is installed and a non-zero value if it isn't. You can
also use the --exists option to check for a specific library version.

Depending on a non-empty string returned by --cflags or --libs is
unsafe. Pkg-config may return an empty string if no extra options are
needed to compile against a particular library.

-Jan