[sr-dev] avoiding hash calculation in xavp api function calls

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Dec 14 14:17:35 CET 2012

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> there are collisions on hash id, you can't rely on it as unique id.

i didn't propose to rely on uniqueness of the hash, but only that the
hash value could be calculated for module params (and constant script
xavp names) once at proxy startup rather than every time during
response/reply processing.

> Have you measured the impact? The same is done for avp with string names
> and there were no complains. All the operations are in memory and for
> such names which are quite short, there are not so many extra
> operations.

i haven't measured the impact.  it just felt strange that something that
can be easily done only once is done constantly during script
processing.

> The option would be to store the id along with the string in pv name
> structure, but then it increases the memory, not only for xavps, but for
> all pv specs.

i have not mentioned avps, only xavps.  also, my proposal did not
increase memory usage and since use of the optimization is not
mandatory, it did not increase complexity either.

but never mind.

-- juha