[sr-dev] couple of xavp questions

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 10:33:50 CET 2012

Hello,

On 12/9/12 6:22 AM, jh at tutpro.com wrote:
> i'm trying to use xavps in new version of t serial functions and have
> a couple of questions:
>
> - when xavp value of type SR_XTYPE_STR is added using xavp_add_value
>    function, do i need to make a copy of the string using pkg_malloc?  in
>    normal avps this is not needed, but for some reason a copy is made in
>    sql_api.c.
you don't need to clone it to pkg, the xavp functions will make a clone
to shared memory anyhow. Alex Hermann added the sql_xquery(), I don't
know why he decided to clone, it is not necessary and the pkg-alloc'ed
value is feed after the execution of xavp add function.

> - what is xavp equivalent of usr_avp avp_destroy, which takes one
>    argument: pointer to usr_avp to be destroyed?  there is xavp_rm, but
>    it takes two arguments and i didn't find from the sources any example
>    of its use.
An xavp can contain a list of xavps. If you delete from the root list,
then provide NULL as second param.