[sr-dev] couple of xavp questions

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Dec 9 11:47:40 CET 2012

9 dec 2012 kl. 11:09 skrev Andreas Granig <agranig at sipwise.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On 12/09/2012 10:54 AM, jh at tutpro.com wrote:
>> Olle E. Johansson writes:
>>
>>> In addition: Xavps are not as well documented as avps. We need to add
>>> something. There's a wiki page with a proposal from Daniel, but I
>>> don't know if it documents the way it turned out in the code.
>>
>> yes, looks like currently both xavp api doc and xavp pseudo var descriptions
>> are missing.
>
> I tried to dig into the config syntax some weeks ago, but found it quite
> confusing:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/sr-users@lists.sip-router.org/msg11242.html
>
> The potential is great, but imho it needs some tweaking to be really
> consistent and useful.

OK, so let's reveal the magic of this powerful stuff and document it.

The document I found is here:
http://sip-router.org/wiki/devel/xavp

I can't judge if this is ideas/brainstorm or actual documentation of the implementation that we have.

Xavps are implemented in /xavp.c so it's not a module. We need a wiki page documenting
it.

* http://devel.kamailio.org/doxygen/ seems outdated.
* http://sip-router.org/doxygen/sip-router/branch/master/files.html also is not up to date.

Looking into the source code files (xavp.[ch], the percentage of comments for doxygen and other developers is very low.

Anyone else that have found any source of documentation?

/O