[sr-dev] Status of outbound support

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 6 15:12:32 CET 2012

6 dec 2012 kl. 14:50 skrev Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> I haven't studied exactly the algorithm, but from what I understood, the
>> contacts have to be sorted also by reg-id. What is not clear yet for me
>> is if Q values still plays a role.
>
> i googled a bit and looks like relationship between q value
> sip.instance/reg ids is a mess.  more mess comes from so called
> permanent registrations (for example a voicemail server registration at
> lower q value) that may or may not have sip.instance/reg-ids.

Before outbound a contact was a contact. Now we have to start discussing
devices as we have a device identifier. A device can be identified by one
contact - with or without sip.instance and reg-id - or multiple contacts
that share the same sip.instance but have different reg-id's.

One could say "contact group" or "device" or something else. The entity
has a q value and should be treated as the old "Contact".

/O