[sr-dev] Status of outbound support

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 6 11:57:45 CET 2012

6 dec 2012 kl. 11:44 skrev Peter Dunkley <peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com>:

> Hi Olle,
>
> I haven't had any time for the last few months to work on outbound.  So there is some module boiler plate and a set of notes (attached) at the moment and not much more.
>
> I have a requirement for outbound myself for early next year, so will be picking it up again soon, but there is little to no chance of it making it into Kamailio 3.4.
>
> One thing that would speed up the development of outbound is if someone else (who knows about the internals of the registrar and usrloc modules) took on the tasks relating to those.  These are basically:
> Handle multiple registrations with same instance ID but difference reg-id (may already be supported)
It needs to be handled properly in parallell and serial forking, which I have not seen. May have missed it though.

> Have registrar populate an AVP array (specified as a modparam), ordered by reg-id, when a lookup() is performed - similar to dispatcher (but don't break parallel and serial forking) - set $du to first contact in the AVP array.
Right.
> New API (lookup_next_dest()) in registrar that allow you to work through the set in order if a 430 is returned (API needs to remove failed contacts from the location table) - again, similar to dispatcher
> And for being able to use outbound for NAT traversal on a single server (so no Edge proxies):
> Make registrar able to detect that the top Path-URI for the contact is actually an interface on the local server, and if it has an ;ob parameter and a flow token, set $du based on that.
>
> This would allow me to focus on the Edge server behaviour, which involves changes to path, rr, a new outbound module, and some configuration examples (for edge and proxy/registrar).
And new response codes.

I do long for an eventroute for broken TCP connections from clients.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess we have to visit Berlin and feed an unspecified group of developers with Bratwurst and Beer to get some help here... :-)

/O