[sr-dev] [SR-Users] Kamailio v3.3.2 Released

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Tue Dec 4 19:16:31 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 4 dec 2012 kl. 05:26 skrev Ovidiu Sas <osas at voipembedded.com>:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> For those who like running kamailio on routers and/or other small
>> embedded systems, the latest kamailio stable is available for
>> download.
>> For more info, please check: http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/HomePage
>> For a list of supported platforms, please check:
>> http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Platforms
>>
> Wrote a news item on the web site:
> http://www.kamailio.org/w/2012/12/kamailio-3-3-2-release-for-small-embedded-systems/

Thanks for posting it.

> Thanks again for your work with this, Ovidiu!
>
> Compiled fine on my Sheevaplug tonight :-)

If you compiled on Sheeva, then you did native compilation :)
Cross compilation is when you build on a host platform for a different
target (let's say on x86 for arm).
The reason for cross compiling is speed (it is much faster to build on
x86 then on a slow arm processor) and no need to have access to the
target platform (which is a big plus when you build for several
platforms).

Hope this helps :)
-ovidiu