[sr-dev] Parsing of P-Preferred/Asserted-ID headers

Hugh Waite hugh.waite at crocodile-rcs.com
Fri Aug 17 18:44:34 CEST 2012

Hello,

The current kamailio devel supports a single P-Asserted-ID or
P-Preferred-ID header value, but the RFC allows one or two either in one
or two headers. [RFC3325 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3325>]
I am most of the way through coding a fix, but Daniel's comment about
kamailio module licensing has prompted me to wonder about why
parse_ppi/pai is in lib/kcore.
The dev-guide says new headers should be put in parser/parse_xxx.[ch],
but I wasn't going to change the location unless something forces me to.

Is there any guidance on whether I should leave the parse_pai/ppi files
in /lib/kcore or if they should be placed with other files in /parser/?

For information, my change extends the $ai, $pd, $pu, $pn and $pU psuedo
variables so they can be accessed with an index (e.g. $ai[0] and $ai[1])
for the first and second instances of the header values, whether they
occur on one header (comma separated) or on two headers. Existing usage
will not be changed as $ai will continue to return the first instance.

Regards,
Hugh

--
Hugh Waite