[sr-dev] Memory fragmentation

Paul Pankhurst paul at crocodile-rcs.com
Wed Aug 15 16:07:31 CEST 2012

We now seem to be experiencing problems with Kamailio running out of
memory after a period of time running our soak test. After dumping the
shared memory I can see that there is no memory leak, but the problem is
that memory is hugely fragmented with all the free blocks being less
that 10k in size, which is too small for the tcp buffer it is trying to
allocate memory for.

We've noticed that there is a new kamailio runtime option mem_join that
by default is 0. Was the previous default dehaviour the equivalent to
this being set to 1?

Thanks

Paul