[sr-dev] Outbound summary

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:08:22 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 8/9/12 4:42 PM, Peter Dunkley wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 16:03 +0200, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> I am not in favour of a new module. Like GRUU, this is just optional behaviour based on the signalling....

there is no final design yet, I assume, but if there is a need for
[persistent] storage, I would not like to get rr or path dependent of db
or other type of external storage. If the flow value carries the
information needed for routing in the SIP message, then rr/path can be
extended. Otherwise I think a new module to take care of storage
overhead is recommended, either using internally rr/path or the other
modules using it.

The fact is that these modules are used heavily, even in embedded
devices, but at the moment outbound is not implemented at large in
clients side (ie, few phones sending sip.instance and reg-id). So the
'classic' usage is still the most important for some time.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Seattle, USA, Sep 23-26, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu
Kamailio Practical Workshop, Netherlands, Sep 10-12, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kpw