[sr-dev] Outbound summary

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Thu Aug 9 16:00:27 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 10:10 +0200, Martin Hoffmann wrote:

> I'd prefer if we could do this through config and only enhance the C
> APIs where needed. With the new include logics and whatnot, this can
> come in the form of a config library.

You can do includes but you can't put complex functions with parameters
into a config library.  So you would end up having to do it as routes
with pseudo-variables to pass data around.  I think this would be very
messy for something as complex as Outbound - and there is always the
chance you might use a route-name or variable name that someone else has
(making it hard for them to add Outbound support to an existing
configuration).

A lot of the business logic for Outbound will be done in the
configuration anyway (failure-routes to generate/convert status to 430
and so on) mainly because this is right place for that stuff, but surely
a new module that has drop-in replacements for existing functions (like
record_route(), loose_route(), lookup() and so on) is going to be easier
for people to work with?

Or have I misunderstood?

Regards,

Peter