[sr-dev] Suspicious URL:Re: Log from outbound chat today

Martin Hoffmann martin.hoffmann at telio.ch
Wed Aug 8 16:03:46 CEST 2012

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> 4) What is named as flow token in Outbound, seems to be the value for
> 'alias' or 'received'. It can be an opaque value hiding these attributes
> in an internal storage or just set there in a specific format. The
> solutions we have now came based on needs, before outbound rfc was
> released (2009 vs path module in 2006).

RFC 5626 has an example algorithm (section 5.2.) for generating the flow
token from these values. It basically, just adds a hash using a key that
is re-generated upon proxy restart essentially adding an epoch to the
token.

> But I think we should update to standard param names, if they are
> defined now by IETF.

The RFC suggest to stuff the token into the userpart of the
Path/Record-Route URI. Since that one is unused anyhow, seems like a
good idea.

Regards,
Martin