[sr-dev] indicating gruu support

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:13:44 CEST 2012

Hello,

the parser for supported header was extended to detect gruu tag, but I
haven't added the check for it because I had not time yet to look
properly over 5626 to see what parts are common in regard to sip.instance.

I think that pub-gruu and temp-gruu should not be added to Contact
header in the reply if gruu is missing in Supported header. Otherwise
the sip.instance wii be used to match registration updates. If anyone
can provide a short summary of 5626, regarding the registrar behavior,
will be appreciated and can save some time.

On the other hand, if the device doesn't understand gruu, it will just
ignore the temp/pub gruu addresses (they are header parameters) -- snom
does it since it implement an old draft of gruu (-02 according to their
wiki) , where only 'gruu' parameter was specified.

On 4/16/12 4:43 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2012/4/16 Juha Heinanen<jh at tutpro.com>:
>>> Note that +sip.instance is also used in SIP outbound.
>> yes, i know, but in order to use it for gruu, supported gruu MUST be
>> included:
>>
>>    When a UA compliant to this specification generates a REGISTER
>>    request (initial or refresh), it MUST include the Supported header
>>    field in the request.  The value of that header field MUST include
>>    "gruu" as one of the option tags.  This alerts the registrar for the
>>    domain that the UA supports the GRUU mechanism.
> I agree. GRUU usage must be only performed if the client announces
> support for it. As Olle pointed, the existence of +sip.instance
> Contact header parameter does not mean "GRUU", it could just indicate
> Outbound support.
>
> Regards.

Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/