[sr-dev] [SR-Users] Problem with xpath updates of XCAP documents

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Wed Apr 4 19:01:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

I tried a simplified update URL with curl:  curl --digest -u 111:111 -T
pidf_modify.xml -H "Content-Type: application/xcap-el+xml" -X PUT
http://192.168.0.130:5060/xcap-root/pidf-manipulation/users/sip:111@mydomain/index~~/presence/tuple/note

This "correctly" updated the <note/> nodes in both <tuple/> nodes of the
document.  So, the problem with the XCAP server appears to be over the %
5b at id='x8eg92n'%5d that is used to identify a specific <tuple/> node.  I
believe, from searching online, that this is valid XPath syntax, so it
does look like there is a bug here.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Peter

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 17:19 +0100, Peter Dunkley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been experimenting with uploading, and modifying existing, XCAP
> documents.  I have been trying out the example from RFC 4827 and I
> can't get it to work with Kamailio.
>
> To upload the document (this works) I use the command: curl --digest
> -u 111:111 -T pidf.xml -X PUT
> http://192.168.0.130:5060/xcap-root/pidf-manipulation/users/sip:111@mydomain/index
>
> To modify the document (this doesn't work) I use the command: curl
> --digest -u 111:111 -T pidf_modify.xml -H "Content-Type:
> application/xcap-el+xml" -X PUT
> http://192.168.0.130:5060/xcap-root/pidf-manipulation/users/sip:111@mydomain/index~~/presence/tuple%5b@id='x8eg92n'%5d/note
>
> When I try to modify the document I get the error: "Apr  4 17:12:08
> pd-laptop-linux kamailio[16862]: ERROR: xcap_server
> [xcap_server.c:596]: no new content"
>
> I went through the XCAP server code and added some debug and found
> that the check on xcap_misc.c:491 is succeeding (which means "no
> selection for xpath parent expression") and the document is not being
> changed.  Also, from my limited understanding of XPath and libxml2, I
> would have expected the code path which should have been followed to
> go through the else clause of the conditional on xcap_misc.c:468 -
> which means I don't think that the xcaps_xpath_set() function is doing
> the right thing at all.
>
> Is there anyone here that is more familiar with libxml2 that can give
> me any pointers here.  As far as I can tell the XCAP server code looks
> OK to me, and I believe the documents (attached) and my XCAP queries
> are correct as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

Peter Dunkley