[sr-dev] compiler warnings

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:16:40 CEST 2012

Hello,

I fixed the ones not in msg_translator.c, they were valid.

For msg_translator.c, I am not yet sure why they are thrown, recv_* vars
are set for condition 'if (msg->rcv.bind_address)' and used only within
that condition. What is your gcc version? I have 4.2 here and no warning
there.

I can init them always, but it is better to understand first why the
warning is given, not to fall in a trap with a default value.

On 4/3/12 4:07 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> recently there has been commits that cause compiler warnings shown
> below.
>
> please fix or revert the commits.
>
> -- juha
>
> action.c: In function ‘run_actions’:
> action.c:1583: warning: ‘ms’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> CC (cc) [sip-proxy]		msg_translator.o
> msg_translator.c: In function ‘lumps_len’:
> msg_translator.c:582: warning: ‘recv_address_str’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> msg_translator.c:583: warning: ‘recv_port_str’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> msg_translator.c:584: warning: ‘recv_port_no’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> msg_translator.c: In function ‘process_lumps’:
> msg_translator.c:921: warning: ‘recv_address_str’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> msg_translator.c:922: warning: ‘recv_port_str’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> msg_translator.c:923: warning: ‘recv_port_no’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> CC (cc) [L libsrdb1.so.1.0]		db_query.o
> db_query.c: In function ‘db_do_submit_query’:
> db_query.c:50: warning: ‘ms’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> CC (cc) [M textops.so]		textops.o
> textops.c: In function ‘subst_hf_f’:
> textops.c:2242: warning: ‘hfl’ may be used uninitialized in this function
> textops.c: In function ‘search_hf_f’:
> textops.c:2161: warning: ‘hfl’ may be used uninitialized in this function

Kamailio Advanced Training, April 23-26, 2012, Berlin, Germany
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/kamailio-advanced-training/