[sr-dev] SIPCapture

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Wed Sep 21 09:48:19 CEST 2011

El Wed, 21 Sep 2011 00:42:35 +0200
Carsten Bock <carsten at ng-voice.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> just short question:
> Is there a particular reason, why the sipcapture-module (for the homer
> project, not the siptrace module) is not included in the debian
> packaging?
> I just wondered, i was setting up a capturing node based on Kamailio
> 3.2 debs and the module is missing...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Carsten

Hi Carsten

No particular reason. Some new modules have not been included in debian
packaging or even in the Makefile file. Before release we should check which
ones are not included and should. And which of those ones should be included in
a separated debian package instead of including them in the generic kamailio
package.

It would be nice to make a list of packages that should me compiled in master,
addded to debian packages and which ones should generate a debian package
themselves or be included in an existing debian package.

Another example would be the redis module. It wasn't added to the Makefile until
Iñaki Baz requested it. And AFAIK is not included in any debian package so far.

Any whishlist?