[sr-dev] A matter of project marketing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:27:14 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 9/15/11 11:30 AM, Timo Reimann wrote:
> Hey Daniel,

>>> Speaking of ways to improve IRC, the following ideas come to my mind:
>>>
>>> - Shut down #Kamailio and let it point at #sip-router instead. I see no
>>> real benefit in maintaining two distinct channels.
>> Does IRC support this kind of channel name aliasing, e.g., #kamailio and
>> #sip-router to end up in the same channel? I think I looked for such
>> option, but didn't find it.
> I was just assuming that it worked somehow because I often find myself
> being forwarded. By virtue of Google, I found this blog post which
> claims that it is in fact feasible:
>
> http://www.geekshed.net/2010/03/can-i-link-two-channels/
>
> Money quote:
>
> "Linking two channels together is very easy, as it only involves setting
> two channel modes – the first sets a limit of X people that can be in
> the channel, and the second sets the channel to send people to after X
> people have joined the main channel.
>
> [...]
>
> So if I wanted to forward my channel #Inara to #Adria, I would do the
> following: /mode #Inara +lL 1 #Adria. If I wanted to always have the
> channel set like that, so that nobody could change it, I would use
> chanserv’s mlock option, and do: /msg chanserv set #Inara mlock +lL 1
> #Adria."
I tried but the first command seems without effect and for the second I
am replied that I am not allowed to do it. Tried few more options found
on google, but no luck either. Anyhow, not an irc guy here, anyone
willing to become op and try merging the channels?

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat