[sr-dev] Developing kamailio module - Forking issue

Luis Martin Gil martingil.luis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 21:55:37 CEST 2011

Hello,

This is Luis Martin. I am developing a new module for Kamailio. This module
will include some functions which will allow Kamailio to connect to another
servers and retrieve information. I'm thinking on creating a couple of child
from my main function, each child will execute a query to an specific
server. I read this file "doc/modules_init.txt", but I'm having some
troubles and I would appreciate if you could please help me with this.

This is the how the the first draft of the forking code looks like:
http://pastebin.com/MLXDN9p9

I call the "mod_child" function from my function like this:
int myFunction () {
  (...)
  mod_child(randomNUMBER);
  (...)
}

But nothing happens, neither during the compilation process, nor the
execution. Nothing is printed on the logs. Can you please point me out any
suggestion or example?
- How I am supposed to call the "mod_child()" function?
- Which should be the rank_number: PROC_MAIN?
- How I am supposed to cal the "mod_init()" function?
- Again, could you please provide my any example?

Thanks a lot.

Best,
Luis Martin