[sr-dev] dialog functions in reply/failure route

Jasmin Schnatterbeck js at data-cmr.net
Fri Sep 16 18:09:23 CEST 2011

Hello list,

in order to deal with NAT-Clients properly I am using dialog-flags to
store the information, whether callee or caller is NATed.

So if there is an incoming call to a NATed client, the
callee-NAT-DLGflag is being set directly after usrloc lookup.

But: If the client returns a 3xx response which is processed by the
kamailio instance that has just contaced the device, the callee (usually
one of our sip-proxies) is NOT NATed anymore - so I need to reset the
callee-nat-dlgflag out of 3xx-reply route. And that seems to be a
problem.

In reply route the dlg functions/flags are not available, and trying to
call a normal route with dlg_manage() out of reply(or failure) route
results in strange behaviour...

I think it is generally a good idea to have access to dlg
flags/functions in reply/failure route. So what about the suggestion to
identify the dialog, if a reply on a request arrives?

Have a nice weekend
Jasmin