[sr-dev] A matter of project marketing

marius zbihlei marius.zbihlei at 1and1.ro
Fri Sep 16 15:46:10 CEST 2011

On 09/16/2011 04:40 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 16 sep 2011 kl. 15:33 skrev Klaus Darilion:

> Not to be pushy, but "other" projects has very active support on IRC so it might make sense to at least be there now and then.
> I don't disagree with removing it from the web page or add a disclaimer
> 	"If you don't find anyone in the IRC channel that answers your question, make sure to send e-mail to the -users mailing list with your question,
>           and you'll get an answer quickly, when the people that has the answers are able to respond to your query".

Hi all,

I was yesterday on the official GNU IRC channel . Even if there were
quite a bunch of people there, there was no talk on the channel itself.
I've asked a question and got nothing... half our later somebody asked
another question .... still nothing (ok maybe they were on the USA TZ or
something but still... it's GNU).

IMHO interest for IRC has gone to a  new low lately (like the last
decade). Maybe we can put a chanbot that will redirect users to the
mailing list or website (or periodically list info about the project,
FAQs etc.)

Marius