[sr-dev] A matter of project marketing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:21:24 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 9/15/11 9:54 AM, Timo Reimann wrote:
> Hey,
>

> On 15.09.2011 09:20, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> A few days ago I got complains in the IRC channel that kamailio was a
>> dead project because there was never anyone in the channel to support
>> it.

ahh, irc ... but we use twitter, facebook, g+ these days :-). Actually I
like irc and used to be there, but lately it was quite impossible
time-wise to be online for long time and join the channels. Maybe other
people can stay there and if they cannot answer, then they will suggest
or even bring themselves the topic on mailing lists. The mailing lists
stays the main and most convenient support channel for community from my
point of view at this moment.

>>   It might be helpful for the project if more of us try to connect to
>> the #kamailio and #sip-router channels more frequently.
> Speaking of ways to improve IRC, the following ideas come to my mind:
>
> - Shut down #Kamailio and let it point at #sip-router instead. I see no
> real benefit in maintaining two distinct channels.
Does IRC support this kind of channel name aliasing, e.g., #kamailio and
#sip-router to end up in the same channel? I think I looked for such
option, but didn't find it.

> - Extend the channel topic to show the (shortened?) URL to the mailing
> lists. It's the primary approach to support Kamailio and will keep to be.

This can be done and hopefully will help.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Oct 10-13, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat