[sr-dev] Via parser does not accept any token as transport

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Sep 13 22:18:58 CEST 2011

13 sep 2011 kl. 22:14 skrev Iñaki Baz Castillo:

> 2011/9/13 Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net>:
>> That reminds me of my favorite issue: Is it possible to get Kamailio to accept other URI schemes than SIP and SIPS?
>
> It accepts TEL uris, but AFAIK there is no way to know (in the config
> script) the parsed URI schema (but just doing a regular expression
> matching like if $ru =~ "^tel:".

We started this discussion at the SIP-xmpp interoperability workshop in Paris years ago. I wanted XMPP: uri's in the From: header.

Now, there are reasons in unified communication to register a mailto: uri to a contact in the registrar. I vaguely remember the SIP RFC having a section of being neutral here.

/O