[sr-dev] problem with tracking master

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Sep 8 14:10:43 CEST 2011

On Thursday 08 September 2011, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Juha Heinanen writes:
> > is this conflict due to some git push done to master recently:
> looks like the conflict is this:
>
> $ eg log --merge
> commit a89e2b1a2f71c932f38c0bfdcceb2fa1880431f5
> [..]
> commit d7b0e82c14caa1809bb6f0d96646354eabf2c253
> Author: Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de>
> Date:   Mon Sep 5 18:17:40 2011 +0200

> henning, is there anything you can do about it?

Hi Juha,

I also saw this during my cherry-pick for the 3.1 branch, i don't know the
reason. I not did something special, just a bunch of git rm and git mv
commands, but maybe git has some difficulties with this?

There is a gui 'git mergetool', but its also possible to do this by hand with
'git rm' and 'git add'. If you run 'git status' it should show you the files/
directories in question. I guess in your case

'git rm pkg/kamailio/gentoo -r' should help to resolve the conflict.

Best regards,

Henning