[sr-dev] problem with tracking master

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Sep 8 13:11:41 CEST 2011

Alex Hermann writes:

> I think something like this:
> with jh/mtree tracking master (local)
> and jh tracking origin/jh/mtree (remote)
>
> eg switch jh/mtree
> eg pull --branch master
> eg push
> eg switch jh
> eg pull

eg does not like switching to jh/mtree, but suggest that a local branch
is created that tracks jh/mtree.  that is why i first did:

git checkout --track -b jh remotes/origin/jh/mtree
Branch jh set up to track remote branch jh/mtree from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'jh'

> > $ eg pull --branch master
>
> > Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
>
> I think this is doing the right thing, but stumbles upon conflicting
> changes.

me too, but question is why there are conflicting changes?  i have not
pushed any changes to jh/mtree that would conflict with something done by
others.

-- juha