[sr-dev] can't push to master

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) manwe at aholab.ehu.es
Wed Oct 19 23:14:22 CEST 2011

El Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:15:25 +0200
Henning Westerholt <hw at kamailio.org> escribió:

> On Wednesday 19 October 2011, Jon Bonilla wrote:
> > When trying to push a commit to master I get the following error
> >
> > manwe at ks26913:~/kamailio-repo-stuff/nightly-builds/sip-router/pkg/kamailio/
> > deb$ git commit -a Created commit 4f43ac0: pkg: Set version to 3.3-dev
> >

> > manwe at ks26913:~/kamailio-repo-stuff/nightly-builds/sip-router/pkg/kamailio/
> > deb$ git push fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
> >
> > Any ideas? Is it a server problem or something else?
>
> Hi Jon,
>
> as several people including me pushed today something to master, I think its
> not a general server problem. Can you try it again, maybe it was something in
> the morning which has been fixed now?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Henning

Yes, looks like a local problem. No idea why, I have only checkout branch 3.2
and now while trying to pull master I get a message from git:

From
git://git.sip-router.org/sip-router fa85359..3ac41f0  master     ->
origin/master
*** Please tell me who you are.

Run

  git config --global user.email "you at example.com"
  git config --global user.name "Your Name"

to set your account's default identity.
Omit --global to set the identity only in this repository.

fatal: empty ident  <manwe at ks26913.kimsufi.com

I did something wrong and will have to check the globals again.