[sr-dev] memory allocation error

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:56:23 CEST 2011

On 10/17/11 7:33 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Juha Heinanen writes
>
>> i tried to start sr on amd64 architecture and got this:
>>
>>   0(8945) :<core>  [cfg.lex:1427]: ERROR:lex:addstr: memory allocation error
>>   0(8945) :<core>  [cfg.lex:1429]: ERROR:lex:addstr: try to increase pkg size with -M parameter
>>
>>   i have -M 4, which works ok on i386 architecture.
>>
>>   why do i get the errors?
> when i increased -M value to 8, sr started ok.  does this mean that on
> 64 bit architecture, sr is consuming so much more memory bytes that 4 MB
> is not enough pkg memory even when there is no users configured on the
> system?
the users will go anyhow in shared memory (I assumed you referred to
location records, as subscriber table is not cached anyhow). If you have
a big config file, it may be the case of running out of private memory.

On 64b the structures are bigger in size, most of them having pointers
or long fields, which are now 64b size instead of 32.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat