[sr-dev] IMS Module included in next release ?

Jason Penton jason.penton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 07:42:07 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

To fix the std IMS extenstions, simply remove the Client_Ro module from
Carsten's. This is a module we wrote which we gave to Carsten a while back.
It requires some internals of the dialog module to be exposed via the API,
like get_dlg, un/ref, etc. We are busy re-writing the Ro module based on a
new dialog module that we have written. We are planning to start pushing all
of our changes to a separate branch early next week.

However, in the meantime, it would probably be best to simply remove
Client_Ro from Carsten's branch and use his branch. Our branch will be
*very* different from the std. openimscore code. We set out to re-use
existing functionality of the Kamailio platform, for example, dialog,
usrloc, registrar, etc. So effectively, our branch will not be what you are
used to, but would welcome testers and developers alike to jump into the
branch once we push it, and hopefully we can get everything in before 3.3.0
:D

I don't think there will be much use for people to use our Client_Ro just
yet anyway as you will need an OCS (online charging server), which is not
part of the openimscore, so removing it from Carsten's branch to compile
wont cost you any openimscore-specific functionality.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Jason