[sr-dev] git:master: message shooter module added

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 22:18:29 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 10/13/11 1:44 PM, Miklos Tirpak wrote:
> On 10/13/2011 11:51 AM, Alex Hermann wrote:
>> On Wednesday 12 October 2011 12:04:24 Miklos Tirpak wrote:
>>> message shooter module added
>>>
>>> This is a small module for sending out SIP messages
>>> outside of the current transaction. The ruri, from, to, additional
>>> headers, and optionally the body can be specified which make up the
>>> SIP message that is sent out.
>>

>> How is this different from uac_req_send() ?
>>
>> Can't your changes/extensions be added to the existing function?
>
> Can the uac Kamailio module be used if the core is compiled as a SER
> flavor?
apart of the names, the diferences between the flavours is that kamailio
enables few more compile times flags, namely kamailio-developed core
statistics and AS support in tm module -- there no other difference in
terms of the capabilities of the binary applications. So, no matter is
ser or kamailio, uac_req_send() should work.

> As far as I see it depends on the Kamailio rr module, this might be a
> problem for us.
> The uac module can do the same as far as I see, hence, if it runs with
> SER flavor, then this is fine.

The dependency on rr module is for uac_replace_from(), not for
uac_req_send(). Would be good to have a single component offering
functionality of sending requests, as development resources can be
shared instead of split. I wrote the code for uac_req_send(), so if more
convenient, it can be moved to another module (existing or new) to make
it completely independent of other k/s modules.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat