[sr-dev] RFC 5626 (Outbound) planned?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:09:44 CEST 2011

Hello all,

there is some implementation towards these extensions done by SER folks
in the past (quite some long time ago, when gruu was a draft), some
notes in the readme:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules_s/registrar.html#sip.instance

Now, I don't how much the specs in the draft were changed by the time of
becoming rfc (I haven't read neither these drafts nor rfcs). The
inconvenience is that we have two implementations for usrloc/registrar
at this moment, but for next release (i mean 3.3) could be a nice task
and pleasant work for the volunteers here to merge the two
implementations and update with outbound/gruu. Just announce it when the
works starts so there is no duplicated effort :-)

To answer to the initial question, this rfc (in the subject) is not in
my todo, but that may change before 3.3 (decision to be made when I have
time to read the rfcs and can assert properly usability), although I
hope it will not be the case to code it myself because someone else will
do it...

Kamailio Advanced Training, Dec 5-8, Berlin: http://asipto.com/u/kat