[sr-dev] RFC 5626 (Outbound) planned?

Alfred E. Heggestad aeh at db.org
Sun Oct 9 15:37:37 CEST 2011

On 10/9/11 8:14 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>
>> So, RFC 5626 is the solution for lot of common problems today and IMHO
>> it's a good specification. Many devices are already implementing them.
>
> inaki,
>
> can you name one, preferably such that runs on linux?

I know a good one that I can warmly recommend :)

     http://www.creytiv.com/baresip.html

I added outbound support to baresip exactly for this reason; the method
is standardized by IETF and we as responsible open source people should
try to stick to standards and avoid too many non-interoperable hacks.

it is also tested against Sip-Router and many features are working, like
TCP/UDP ping keepalive, sip-instance and Flow-Timer ..

/alfred