[sr-dev] [tracker] Assignee added: Crash if t_release() is executed after t_relay_to(), when this last returns -1

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Nov 29 22:13:57 CET 2011

29 nov 2011 kl. 21:52 skrev Iñaki Baz Castillo:

> 2011/11/29 Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net>:
>>> FS#184 - Crash if t_release() is executed after t_relay_to(), when this last returns -1
>>> User who did this - Iñaki Baz Castillo (ibc)
>>> http://sip-router.org/tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=184
>>
>> Now this was caused by bad configuraiton,
>
> Hi Olle, do you mean that this crash is due to a bad configuration?
> maybe it does not make sense to call t_release() if t_relay() returned
> 0, but it should not crash. Also there are cases in which such
> decision is not so easy, for example when the script calls to
> t_newtran() before calling t_relay().

Sorry, I think you misunderstand me. I agree that Kamailio should never crash.
But there is no way a bad person can inject a bad configuration in your Kamailio over the network.
Only yourself and your collegues should be able to inject this in the configuration, so it's not a security risc in my definition. Just a bad bug.

/O