[sr-dev] Multiple Presence Server Problem

laura testi lau.testi at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:50:35 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I’m trying to configure my Kamailio environment with multiple Presentation
Server in active/active mode. This should be needed in order to manage the
scalability problem.

So, I have already installed two PS/Registrar Servers  but we have a problem
when a message is delivered from the SERVER (such as Notify event) to a
client who have not an active connection with the same server: I mean, the
server isn’t able to deliver the message Notify to the destination client
(values of ip, port, protocol di PC client are in the active_watchers table)
when this client doesn’t already have an active connection with the same
Server.

We encountered a similar problem using the TLS:  it was solved using the NAT
Traversal module and the right configuration (as also you suggested us) but
we were using only one server and all the connection were opened from all
client to the same server.

Working with more than one PS/Registrar Server, each Server doesn’t have the
connections opened from all the client because they are distributed to one
or to the other one Server.

The Registrar seems to be ok because it’s involved in the client
authentication steps, so it saves the the sip client location in the DB and
that’s it.

We seem that the problem is to deliver the messages (NOTIFY/MESSAGE/INVITE)
 from the server to the destination client if the destination client doesn’t
have an open connection with the same server (information are in the
location table) which is managing those messages.

Please, consider that we are also using the TLS and the NAT Traversal. And
the version of Kamailio is the 3.1.3 on Redhat5.6_x64.

Could you please help us to understand how configure Kamailio Servers in the
described scenario?

Thanks in advance.
laura