[sr-dev] report from linuxtag, presentations

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue May 17 18:13:21 CEST 2011

Hello,

just to give you a quick feedback about the this year linuxtag - it was
overall a really nice event in my opinion. A lot of people passed by at our
booth to discuss about Kamailio and VoIP in general. Carsten Bock presented
about our new IMS extensions, Andreas Granig showed a demo of their new
kamailio based carrier product. I hope that we can provide some photos of the
event soon.

We've did two presentations, one about "Linux at 1&1" including a Kamailio
part on wednesday, and Carsten did two "FastForward" talks on wednesday and
thursday. I've uploaded the slides to our webserver:

http://www.kamailio.org/events/2011-linuxtag/linux-at-1and1.pdf
http://www.kamailio.org/events/2011-linuxtag/kamailio-quick.pdf

Also interesting, the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI)
presented the upcoming "Gemeinschaft" PBX project version 4 that will use
Kamailio (and Freeswitch). They sponsor the project, it aims to provide a
secure, scalable and easy to use open source PBX plattform.

Best regards,

Henning