[sr-dev] library dir for x86_64 - lib or lib64

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:07:16 CEST 2011

Hello,

iirc this was at some point discussed, however, I want to go through it
again.

Many x86_64 distros expect libraries to be placed under a lib64
directory. For example the RPM spec file language returns /usr/lib64 for
%{_libdir} variable.

In the master branch I committed a patch that does this detection.

As I saw some people saying that 'lib' should be the default also for
x86_64, my question is then what do you think we should use?

Using 'lib' will definitely make building rpms fail unless we do a patch
specific for these distros.

http://www.asipto.com